Thursday, September 8, 2011

Round up for Tripp Update

As most of you know, they have continued the efforts in raising money for Tripp Oldham.  I wanted to share this note that was received by myself as well as all of the General Managers of the stores participating.  I thought you would like hearing the update.

Dear Both Inc. owners and employees,

I wanted to take a moment to extend to you my most sincere thanks and appreciation for your efforts in raising money to help my son, Tripp.  I am absolutely amazed by the caring and concern you all have shown toward our family.

When I received the link to the lungs4life blog created by Mrs. Alger I was overwhelmed when I saw the amount of money that all of you raised in such a short period of time. This past Sunday, I had the opportunity to join in the efforts at the Charleston store and work beside the General Manager's Wife, Liz Pace.  To see the employees excitement as they shared the information with guests was encouraging and uplifting in this time when the task seems so unattainable.

As a parent, my biggest fear was that Tripp would need his transplant before we could afford to give him that chance.  With efforts such as yours, I have renewed faith that we will be able to meet the financial needs in time to give Tripp a second chance at life.  The time is coming faster than we were originally told which is why your help at this time is making a tremendous difference in our efforts.

Again, please know that we are very thankful that Both Inc. and all of those who are a part of the company are compassionate, caring and willing to help us.  Every dollar raised is one closer to a successful future for Tripp.  Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do.


Alana Richey
Tripp's Mother

Update on Tripp:
Tripp will undergo 4 days of intensive testing to finalize his approval as a transplant recipient here in Charleston at the Medical University of South Carolina beginning the week of the 12th.  The test will be extremely invasive and taxing on his body.  He has already finished 3 tests which he passed.  He is trying desperately to gain weight and has been put on a 5,000 calorie per day diet. He weighs about 98 lbs. now and they need him to have extra weight since he will lose some during transplant.  He is on oxygen at night and when ever he is doing any walking, exercise or just feels as though he needs it.  He attends pulmonary rehabilitation twice a week which is a requirement for at least 12 weeks prior to transplant.  He is in great spirits, learning about his life after transplant and making plans for all the things he will be able to do with his new lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment